These are external links and will open in a new window Close share panel Image caption In April , Cosatto issued a safety enhancement device for Stratford cot beds A court has been told that the death of a baby boy in Fife was caused by a faulty cot.
It is now time to expand again and have decided to go the route of the online store so that we can still control the quality and service our clients are accustomed to receiving. Select BNPL at checkout and the repayment period of either or weeks. Because they won't be able to push the duvet away, and can suffocate if their face gets smothered.
Six-month-old Ainslie Smith died in July after he became trapped between the mattress and the side of his cot as he slept at his home in Pitlessie.
Independent safety consultant John Trinsi told a fatal accident inquiry that the cot had a major design defect. The inquiry at Cupar Sheriff Court continues.
It heard that the baby boy's "sheet white" lifeless body was discovered by his mother, Alexandra Smith, when she went to check on him.
Mrs Smith described how Ainslie's body was wedged vertically - his back was against the slats on the side of the cot and he was facing the mattress. The death was a result of a safety defect in the cot bed John Trinsi, Independent safety consultant "I had to pull on him," she said.
The inquiry heard how Mrs Smith and her husband, Ainslie, attempted CPR, but they could not revive the eight-month-old child. Safety expert Mr Trinsi said the Cosatto Stratford cot bed, purchased by the Smith's a month before the death of their son, exhibited a major design defect.
The industry expert, who runs Berkshire-based Consumer Product Safety Advice Ltd, has almost 25 years experience in nursery equipment testing.
He was sent an identical copy of the flat-pack cot by the Crown as part of its investigations.
Mr Trinsi said that he found, during normal day-to-day use, the fixing that held the side of the cot steady could come loose, creating a gap that a child could fall in to. He added that the flaw should have been picked up during rigorous testing of the product.
Image caption The court heard that Mr and Mrs Smith tried to revive six-month-old Ainslie "The cot bed is a dangerous product and produces a serious risk as it can disengage through reasonable use and create head and body entrapment.
I have seen dozens of cots that can be turned into beds, but usually the fixings are stiff and the two parts at the split bottom footboard do not come apart easily.
Do not attach clips, strings, ribbons or chains to soothers as they are a choking and strangulation risk. I do have some secondhand clothes but I much prefer new, bought in the sale. What big is the canopy?
In April , Cosatto issued a safety enhancement device for Stratford cot beds made between and The inquiry also heard that satellite navigation equipment used by paramedics had initially directed them to the wrong cottage, an error that led to them being delayed by an estimated 10 minutes. The court also heard from Det Con David Bellingham, who was called to the cottage in the early hours of the following morning.
Asked to describe the condition of the cot, he said: Sheriff Charlie Macnair will give his determination in writing at a later date.
В© 2016 - 2018 Business_Blog. All rights reserved | Template by W3layouts